The broadcast world is about to meet its new favorite mic – the Audio-Technica BP40.
The BP40 at Audio-Technica’s booth, 2015 NAB Show.
This broadcast microphone offers a rich, natural, condenser-like sound from a large-diaphragm dynamic design. The large diaphragm features patented floating-edge construction that maximizes diaphragm surface area and optimizes overall diaphragm performance, while the humbucking voice coil prevents electromagnetic interference. The BP40 is ideal for on-air broadcast, overdubs, podcasting and more.
With rugged construction and stylish, waveform-inspired design, the BP40 delivers clear and articulate reproduction. The mic features optimized capsule placement, helping to maintain a commanding vocal presence even at a distance, while the multistage windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering. The BP40 also includes a switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter to provide even more pop protection. (BP40 pictured left with optional shock mount accessory).
Key Features: Large-Diaphragm Dynamic Broadcast Microphone
- Rich, natural, condenser-like sound
- Large diameter diaphragm with patented floating-edge construction for optimal diaphragm performance
- Humbucking coil prevents electromagnetic interference
- Hypercardioid polar pattern improves isolation
- Switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- Optimized capsule placement for commanding vocal presence even at a distance
- Multistage windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
Ready to get your hands on the BP40? Browse our list of authorized Audio-Technica dealers near you.