Question: How do I connect my ATH-SR5BT wireless headphones to a device?
Answer: With the holidays just around the corner, many lucky good boys and girls may find Audio-Technica wireless headphones under their tree. The award-winning ATH-SR5BT headphones feature Bluetooth® wireless technology that, while easy to operate, may catch people up the first time they try to connect the headphones to another device. Here, the Audio Solutions Department makes the process easier for you by walking you through it step-by-step so you can enjoy your headphones on the big morning. You may connect your wireless headphones to popular Bluetooth transmitting devices such as smartphones, computers, and even Audio-Technica’s AT-LP60-BT wireless turntables.
- Begin with the headphones powered OFF. If you choose to wear the headphones while pairing, you will hear beeps that confirm the steps in the process. If you choose not to wear the headphones, you can watch the indicator light for confirmation.
- For best pairing results, make certain that the device you are going to pair with the headphones is not currently paired and active with any other wireless device.
- Turn OFF the Bluetooth functionality on the device you are going to connect to.
- Slide the headphones’ power switch into the ON position. You will hear a beep (or see the indicator light flashing blue and red) signaling that the headphones are in pairing mode.
- Turn ON the Bluetooth functionality on the device you are connecting to.
- Select the ATH-SR5BT headphones from the Available Device list (if applicable) on the device you are connecting to.
- The headphones will connect to the device and you will hear a beep in the headphones indicating that the pairing was successful.
The pairing process for other wireless headphones and devices may differ slightly from the above instructions, but will be very similar.
Audio-Technica wireless headphones use an internal rechargeable battery. On most of our models, if the battery is low, you can plug in the included detachable cable to continue to listen to your music. A USB charging cable is also included with all models. If you have questions or issues, feel free to reach out to the Audio Solutions Department for assistance.
*The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Audio-Technica Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.