Question: Is it possible to force my ATH-M50xBT into pairing mode?
Answer: The ATH-M50xBT wireless headphones are capable of storing the pairing information of up to eight different Bluetooth® devices. When pairing to a new Bluetooth device, or even switching between devices, you may be unable to pair because the previously connected Bluetooth device is pairing back up with the headphones when you turn them on. This is especially common if a previously paired smartphone is in close proximity to the headphones. If you experience this problem, you can force the ATH-M50xBT into pairing mode with the procedure below:
- Start with the headphones powered OFF.
- Turn the headphones’ power switch to the ON position.
- Press and hold the volume buttons (+ and -) AND the control button on the left earcup as shown in this figure below for approximately 8 seconds.
- The headphones will beep, then say “Bluetooth disconnected,” and the indicator light on the earcup will start blinking white rapidly. The headphones are now in pairing mode!
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device and select to pair with “ATH-M50xBT.”
- The headphones will pair by saying “Bluetooth connected,” and the white light on the earcup will go from rapidly flashing to slowly fading in and out, indicating that pairing is complete.
You may find other helpful pairing tips on page 7 of the ATH-M50xBT User Manual here.
If you have any further questions about pairing your ATH-M50xBT to your device, please contact the Audio Solutions Team.