Question: How do I use the Quick IR Sync function on the new 3000 Series 4th Generation Wireless?
Answer: The arrival of the new 3000 Series 4th Generation wireless system brings a variety of new features and tools that make the system easy to set up and use. One of those new features is the Quick IR Sync functionality, allowing a user to quickly transfer the frequency setting from the receiver to the transmitter. Please refer to the steps below on how to use the Quick IR Sync functionality on your 3000 Series 4th Generation wireless system.
Please note, the Full IR Sync may be used between the receiver and transmitter, enabling a user to configure the transmitter settings from within the receiver and then transfer all changes to the transmitter. More information on Full IR Sync can be found here.
Before you begin, please note the following:
- If the procedure times out after an extended period, you may have to restart the process from the beginning.
- To move one step back in the procedure, press the Back button.
- To cancel and return to the home screen, press and hold the Back button.
- Power on your transmitter. See Figure 1.
- For the ATW-T3201 body-pack, open the battery compartment. Above the batteries are the menu controls, IR Sync button, and Power switch.
- For the ATW-T3202 handheld, open the battery compartment. On the opposite side of the batteries are the menu controls, IR Sync button, IR Sync window, and Power switch.
- On the receiver, press and hold the control dial to display the Quick Sync menu. With the cursor on Sync, press the control dial to display “Sync Standby.”
- With access to the menu controls on your transmitter, press and release the Sync button to display “Sync Standby.” See Figure 2.
- Locate the IR Sync window. See Figure 3.
- ATW-R3210: The receiver Sync window is on the front of the receiver between the display and the Power button.
- ATW-T3201: The body-pack transmitter Sync window is on the rear of the body-pack where the belt clip is located.
- ATW-T3202: The handheld transmitter Sync window is near the menu controls, above the Sync button, to the right of the Back button, and to the left of the Power button.
- With both the transmitter and receiver in Sync Standby, hold the two IR Sync windows in close proximity (usually within 2 inches of each other).
- The receiver display will indicate “Connecting” once the IR connection has been made.
- Within a few moments, the receiver display will indicate “Done.”
- If it does not, repeat above steps 3-6.
- If the IR repeatedly does not connect, cycle the power on the transmitter and receiver and repeat the above steps 1-6.
- When “Done,” the transmitter display will return to its home screen and the receiver display will return to the Quick Sync menu. You may let the receiver display time out or press the Back button to return to the home screen. Note, the RF meter on the receiver should indicate it is receiving a signal.
Troubleshooting for IR Sync
If the IR Sync is not completing, try the following:
- Reduce any excessive light between the two IR Sync windows that might exist.
- Set the transmitter frequency manually.
- With access to the menu controls, press the Set button to display “Frequency.”
- Press the Set button to display “Manual.”
- Press the Set button to display the current frequency.
- Press the Up/Down buttons to change the receiver frequency.
- Select the first three numbers. Press the Set button.
- Select the second three numbers. Press the Set button to display “STORED.”
- Press the Back button to return to the home screen.
For further assistance with using the IR Sync function on your 3000 Series 4th Generation Wireless, please contact us here in the Audio Solutions Department.