Question: How do I use the Full IR Sync function on the 3000 Series 4th Generation Wireless?
Answer: We previously discussed how to do the Quick IR Sync between the 3000 Series 4th Generation receiver and transmitters. This Quick Sync allows you to quickly transfer the frequency setting from the receiver to the transmitter. Additionally, you may use the Full IR Sync between the two, enabling you to configure the transmitter settings from within the receiver and then transfer all the changes to the transmitter. The following transmitter function settings may be configured with the Full Sync:
- RF Power (Low 10 mW, High 30 mW)
- Gain (-10 dB to +20 dB in 2 dB increments)
- Lock (Lock, Unlock)
- Battery (Alkaline, NiMH)
- HPF (High-Pass Filter)
Before you begin, please note the following:
- If the procedure times out after an extended period, you may have to restart the process from the beginning.
- To move one step back in the procedure, press the Back button.
- To cancel and return to the home screen, press and hold the Back button.
1. Power on your transmitter. See Figure 1.
- For the ATW-T3201 body-pack, open the battery compartment. Above the batteries are the menu controls, IR Sync button, and Power switch.
- For the ATW-T3202 handheld, open the battery compartment. On the opposite side of the batteries are the menu controls, IR Sync button, IR Sync window, and Power switch.
2. On the receiver, press the Control Dial to display the menu. Turn the Control Dial three times clockwise to display “TX Sync.” Press the Control Dial to select.
3. Turn the Control Dial to move up/down to the functions you want to change. Once the function is selected, press the Control Dial to confirm. The cursor moves to the settings column on the right.
4. To make a change to that function, turn the Control Dial to scroll through the available settings.
5. Once you have displayed the setting you want, press the Control Dial to select. Note, the cursor moves back to the list of functions on left. Repeat steps 3-5 to make any additional changes.
6. Once you have selected all the necessary changes, turn the Control Dial counterclockwise to scroll to the bottom of the function list and display “SYNC START.” Press the Control Dial to select and display “Sync Standby.”
7. With access to the menu controls on your transmitter, press and release the Sync button to display “Sync Standby.” See Figure 2.
8. Locate the IR Sync window. See Figure 3.
- ATW-R3210: The receiver Sync window is on the front of the receiver between the display and the Power button.
- ATW-T3201: The body-pack transmitter Sync window is on the rear of the body-pack where the belt clip is located.
- ATW-T3202: The handheld transmitter Sync window is near the menu controls, above the Sync button, to the right of the Back button, and to the left of the Power switch.
9. With both the transmitter and receiver in Sync Standby, hold the two IR Sync windows in close proximity (usually within 2 inches of each other).
10. The receiver display will indicate “Connecting” once the IR connection has been made.
11. Within a few moments, the receiver display will indicate “Done.”
- If “Done” does not appear, repeat above steps 6-11.
- If the IR repeatedly does not connect, cycle the power on the transmitter and receiver and repeat above steps 1-11.
12. When “Done,” the transmitter display will return to its home screen and the receiver display will return to the TX Sync menu. You may let the receiver display time out or press and hold the Back button to return to the home screen.
Troubleshooting for IR Sync
If the IR Sync is not completing, try the following:
- Reduce any excessive light between the two IR Sync windows that might exist.
- Set the transmitter functions manually.
- With access to the menu controls, press the Set button to display “Frequency.”
- Press the Up/Down button to scroll through the transmitter menu settings.
- Press the Set button once the desired function is selected.
- Press the Up/Down button to scroll through the different function settings.
- Press the Set button when the desired function setting is displayed. Note, “Stored” is displayed.
- Press the Back button to return to the home screen.
Watch the video below for additional information on using the IR Sync: