Question: How do I set up my Audio-Technica USB microphone with my Mac computer?
Answer: The setup of an Audio-Technica USB microphone may seem like a daunting task, but do not worry! There are only a few settings you need to configure before you can begin recording and podcasting. Please refer to the photos and follow the steps below to properly set up your USB microphone with your Mac.
Configuring Your Mac:
1. Connect the microphone to your computer’s USB port using the provided USB cable. The microphone’s blue LED light will illuminate, indicating the mic is receiving power.
2. Click on the System Preferences icon in the dock on your Mac.
3. Click on the speaker icon labeled as “Sound” in this window.
4. The “Sound” window will open up. Select the “Output” tab at the top. Make certain the Mac’s internal speakers (or desired external speakers) are selected, indicating they are set as the default playback device.
5. Select the “Input” tab, and make sure the microphone is selected as the default device. If it is not, simply click on the mic to select it. *Please note, if you are using an AT2020USB+ or AT2020USBi, the mic may be labeled as such.
You are now set to use your USB microphone with the recording software of your choice! Please feel free to refer back to these instructions if you need to double-check settings. If you have any further questions about setting up your USB mic with your computer, please contact us here in the Audio Solutions Department.