Question: How do I pair my ATH-M50xBT headphones to a Bluetooth device?
Answer: Our ATH-M50xBT wireless over-ear headphones blend the sonic signature of the M50x headphones with an on-the-go design utilizing Bluetooth technology. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the features of the headphones, as well as how to pair them to your Bluetooth device.
Looking at the headphones, you will notice they are very similar in design and build quality to the original ATH-M50x. The main differences are the added power switch, charging port, mic and controls on the left earcup for answering phone calls and controlling music, and the 3.5 mm detachable smartphone cable versus the 2.5 mm locking cable with the wired ATH-M50x. When the smartphone cable is plugged into the headphones, the controls on the earcup and the Bluetooth functionality will be disabled. Also, the Audio-Technica logo on the left earcup is also a touch control providing convenient access to voice assist.
The pairing process is quite simple. Make certain the Bluetooth device you are going to connect the headphones to is not currently paired to any other Bluetooth devices. Please follow the below steps:
- Begin with the headphones powered OFF.
- Flip the power switch on the headphones to the “ON” poisition; a voice prompt will say “Power On” and the indicator light will begin flashing white.
- Select the headphones when they appear as an available device in the Bluetooth Settings of your device. They may be displayed as “ATH-M50xBT” or “BLE_ATH-M50xBT,” or both names may be listed. If both are displayed, select “ATH-M50xBT.”
- After selecting “ATH-M50xBT,” the headphones and device will connect, and you will hear a beep in the headphones with the voice prompt saying, “Bluetooth connected,” indicating the pairing was successful. The light on the headphones will slowly flash white while they are paired.
- If the headphones do not appear as an available device in the Bluetooth Settings of your device on your first attempt, turn the Bluetooth “OFF” on your device and back “ON” again. Then repeat the process.
The following accessories are included with the headphones:
- 5 mm smartphone cable
- USB charging cable
- Soft carrying pouch.
If you have any further questions about the new ATH-M50xBT headphones, please contact us here in the Audio Solutions Department.