With little more than a couple clicks in a search engine you can find countless articles on the best workout headphones, the best exercise headphones, or even the best running headphones.
But what all of those blogs, articles, and top 10 lists fail to mention are the best exercises to perform with headphones. From running to lifting, when are the best times to put on headphones, shut out the world, and break a sweat?
That’s where we’re stepping in. We want you to get the most out of your sport headphones.
Here are our top 5 workouts to do just that:
1. Bike – Head to the gym, hit the stationary bike and stay in rhythm by listening to your favorite playlist as you cycle. We recommend wearing your in-ear headphones for a secure fit as you work out.
2. Lift – From deadlifts to kettlebell swings, pushing through an added 15 lbs. to reach your personal best on that next lift is made easier with some musical motivation. Once you have your technique down, crank up some hard-hitting rock to push you through just one more rep.
3. Hike – Time-intensive cardio, whether on the treadmill or on the streets, can be daunting. That’s why you need an adventurous playlist to be the soundtrack when you conquer your next hiking trail. We like to listen to a little country music as we take in the natural beauty of the outdoors.
4. Run – We saved the best for (almost) last. Long runs can be, well, boring. Especially if you’re on the treadmill or if you’re struggling to find some inspiration from the same morning running route. Music will keep you focused on staying strong as you picture yourself crossing the finish line with the crowds cheering you on!
5. Stretch – A cool down is just as important as your warm-up. The focus of your cool down is to stretch out your muscles and bring your heart rate down to normal. Our bodies react to music so there’s no better way to cool down than to put on your favorite singer-songwriter slow jam. Don’t forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
When do your headphones keep you going? Let us know in the comments below!