Question: How do I set up the belt correctly on my AT-LP3 turntable?
Answer: Proper belt placement on your AT-LP3 Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable helps ensure optimal performance. See the step-by-step guide below for help with your turntable belt setup. If you need assistance with the entire setup process, please see our previous AT-LP3 setup blog post.
Belt and Tone Arm Setup
1. Carefully place the platter on the turntable’s center spindle, and make certain the platter is fully seated on the spindle.
2. Rotate the platter by hand until the rectangular opening with the red ribbon exposes the brass motor pulley (at the 8:00 position). *Do not confuse the motor pulley with the white plastic post located near the tone arm.
3. While holding the platter steady, carefully remove the tape securing the red ribbon to the platter.
4. Then use the ribbon to guide the drive belt (attached to the flip side of the platter) over the brass motor pulley.
5. Make certain the belt is properly seated on the motor pulley so it is riding in the pulley’s groove, and verify that the belt is not twisted. Once the belt is properly installed on the motor pulley, you may remove and discard the red ribbon.
6. Place the rubber mat on the turntable platter.
7. With the tone arm still fastened to its rest, press the stop button. Rotate the platter ten times by hand in a clockwise direction. This is to make certain the automatic mechanism is fully cycled.
This entire setup process may be viewed in the following video.
Now you can enjoy your records! If you have questions regarding any part of the AT-LP3 turntable setup, feel free to contact our Audio Solutions Department for assistance.