How do I install the battery in the ATR3350iS lavalier microphone?
Answer: The ATR3350iS lav microphone uses an LR44 button style battery. A battery is included with the purchase of the microphone, but it must be installed before the microphone can be used. Please note that the following batteries are equivalent to the LR44 and may also be used: AG13, L1154, LR1154, SR44, and SR44SW.
The following instructions and photos will help you successfully install the battery. (You may also follow these instructions to replace the battery in the ATR3350.)
1. Grasp the upper half of the power supply in one hand and the lower half in the other and unscrew the two halves.
2. Slide the two halves apart to expose the battery compartment. Note the +/- polarity markings above the compartment that illustrate correction battery alignment.
3. If you need to remove an old battery, it can be helpful to use the two small holes on the back side of the battery compartment. Place a small screwdriver or paper clip into one of the holes and gently push the battery out of the compartment.
4. The battery is an LR44 type. The large, flat end of the battery is the positive or “+” side, and should be marked with a “+” symbol.
5. Slide the battery into the compartment with the “+” side against the spring.
6. Slide the two halves of the power supply back in place and screw them together until snug.
7. Plug the 3.5 mm into your audio device and turn the switch to the “On” position. To conserve battery life, turn the switch to the “Off” position when not in use.
If you have additional questions about operating the ATR3350iS or any other A-T products, please contact our Audio Solutions Department for assistance. And be sure to check back next Thursday for another “Question of the Week”!